Well, I finished Mythology Island and it’s a lot of fun. It’s a pretty long island, kind of like Astro-Knights. There are some really fun parts to this island and some very difficult puzzles to solve. The final battle with Zeus is a lot of fun! Here is the complete video walkthrough for the island. I will post the written version just as soon as I can type it all up! In the meantime, enjoy the video walkthrough and good luck finishing Mythology Island!
Here is the video walkthrough, which is in four parts on YouTube.
Help for The Hard Parts
You’ll find the full written walkthrough down below, but here are some answers to some of the frequently asked questions about Mythology Island. Having trouble? Post a question in the comments and I’ll try to answer it!
Getting the Pomegranate for Hades’ Altar
Before you get into the underworld of Hades to complete some of the tasks in your mission for Zeus, you’ll need to leave an offering of a pomegranate on the altar in Hades’ temple. A lot of people are having problems finding it. The pomegranates are in a tree in the Garden of the Sphinx, which is to the left and over the bridge from the Base of the Tree of Immortality. I wrote a whole post on how to get the pomegranates, but the short version is to jump up on the platforms above the sphinx and they’re yours for the taking.
Getting Hercules to Help You
Hercules won’t help you until you have all five items from Zeus’ quest. Once you have the five items, bring them to Athena. Zeus will appear and steal them. The big jerk! Once this happens, talk to Athena and she will tell you that Hercules will help you. You’ll need to have the magic mirror from Aphrodite because Hercules doesn’t want to have to walk. He’s so lazy!
Getting the Hydra Scale
You can see how to do this in the videos, but basically you need to jump up when the Hydra is about to strike. He will rear one of his heads back to attack and his eyes will bulge out. When this happens, jump up in the air and then try to land on top of his head. That head will get knocked out. When all five heads get knocked out, the Hydra will be asleep and you can click on him to get one of the scales.
Getting the Whisker from Cerberus
You’ll need the reed pipe you used to get into the Minotaur’s lair. You’ll also need to learn a song from one of the statues inside Apollo’s temple, where you found the reed pipe. Click on the statue that is holding a reed pipe and she will teach you a special song. When you pass her test, you’ll get a card in your backpack that shows the notes to play. Go to the Underworld and walk up to Cerberus. Play the notes you see on the card using your reed pipe and the big three-headed dog will fall asleep. Then just click on one of his whiskers to get it.
Complete Written Mythology Island Walkthrough
Here’s the complete written walkthrough with all the Poptropica Cheats for Mythology Island if you’re still having problems after watching the videos and reading the hard parts section. This guide walks you through the entire island, step-by-step.
- When beginning on Mythology Island, you will arrive via your balloon at Olympus Village, which is also the Main Street section for Mythology Island. The first this you should do is to walk inside the Museum of Olympus. Once you go inside, you’ll see a short story about the gods and how they defeated the Titans for control of Olympus. Look around and you can see all the statues of the gods in here as well. At the statue of Poseidon, you’ll see a starfish attached to his face (kind of gross). Take the Starfish off and it will go into your backpack.
- Now you want to head over to the Temple of the Muses, which is inside the Grove of Temples. It’ in the next zone to the right of Main Street. Go to the right side of the temple and there is a basket with free reed pipes. Take one. Next, carry it back to the room with the statues and click on the statue of the woman holding a reed pipe. She’ll teach you how to play a song on it. This is very important because you’ll need to know it later. But you also get a card in your backpack to help you remember the notes.
- Go back left to Olympus Village, and left again into the next zone to the forest with the Tree of Immortality. Climb the marble staircase and go up into the branches of the tree.
- Once you’re in the tree you need to get to the upper right. You can climb on the red snakes and jump over the tree branches. You’ll find a satyr standing on the tree up top. Click on him and he’ll ask you to collect honey. Collect 10 of the honey pots in 60 seconds and he will show you the way to the Golden Apple.
- Go and get the apple. Once you do, thunder and lightning will appear and the satyr leaves. Zeus shows up and he’s pretty angry with you for taking the apple. But he says if you do a quest for him to retrieve five items in Mythology Island, he will spare your life and grant you immortality. A scroll will appear next to you and you should take it. It will reveal the five items you need to locate. They are: a flower from the garden of the Sphinx, the ring from the nose of the Minotaur, a scale from the Hydra, a giant pearl, and one of Cerberus’ whiskers.
- When you leave the tree and go back down to the base, you’ll meet Athena, who has been disguised as an old woman. She’ll give you a warning that her father, Zeus, may not be telling you the truth. She also promises to help you on your quest and tells you that you can use the olive trees you find for clues.
- Next go left and over the bridge. You’ll arrive in the Garden of the Sphinx. The next part is to get the water in the aqueduct to flow to the dying flower by using the switches and gates up above you. When you’re successful with the water from the aqueduct, you can pick up the flower. Then jump up to the platform above the Sphinx and take the pomegranates from the tree because you’ll need them later.
- Use the Reed Pipe at left, playing the eight colored notes on the wheel that opens the Minotaur cave. blue-blue-green-yellow-yellow-red-blue-green
- Go inside and speak to the Minotaur, and next enter his Maze. Athena arrives and gives you a glowing thread to help keep you from getting lost. Your first stop is the ghost of Pan. Head to the right past the weapons and then down and back up to the right. After a while, you’ll arrive next to him. When you get to the wall with the bones puzzle, remove the extra bones to spell out the word TEN. Keep going and watch out for the scorpion that is here. Just jump over him to get past. You’ll arrive at a doorway, go through to get to the snake puzzle. Click the red-eyed snake when it appears three times. This is one of the hardest parts of Mythology Island.
- When you finish the maze, talk to the Minotaur and he will give you his ring. Now you need to return to Main Street. Keep moving to the right and enter the Grove of Temples. Run past the Temple of the Muses and you’ll soon arrive at the temples of Hades which is down below and Poseidon over to the right. You can do either one first, but in this walkthrough, we’ll start with Poseidon’s temple on the far right.
- Go inside Poseidon’s temple and put the starfish you got earlier onto the altar.
- Now you can proceed into Poseidon’s realm. Enter and run left on the beach until you meet Aphrodite. She has a test for you. It’s like the game of Hangman and you have to guess the different gods. The gods are Ares, Hermes, Aphrodite, Artemis, and Hestia.
- Swim out in the water to the statue and then dive down underwater. There are extra oxygen bubbles, but the direct path is across the top, then down the right side, and left along the bottom. Before entering the Hydra’s lair, go up a bit to recover the Giant Pearl.
- The Hydra here has five heads. To defeat her, jump up just as each head is attacking you and then land on top of it to knock the head out. After you knock out all of the Hydra’s heads, you can get the scale. Exit using the mirror to reach Aphrodite heart symbol, and walk back right to go to Hades.
- Outside the temple, you’ll see lots of graffiti. There’s a worker outside and he’ll pay you a drachma to clean up the graffiti. Help him out and get paid for your work.
- Go inside the temple and place the pomegranates on the temple, which is over to the right. A door will open. Jump right into the chasm to reach the River Styx.
- You’ll cross the river in Charon’s boat and you need to avoid al the things that come flying at you. The best way to do that is to stand exactly where Charon is. Jump over or duck under the flaming skull and leap over the river alligator.
- Once you arrive on the shore, use your reed pipe to play the song you learned in the museum. The notes you need to play are on the card that you got, but here they are: blue, green, yellow, blue, red, green. Once Cerberus falls asleep from the music, you can get his whisker. You cannot move the large rock blocking the Throne Room. Now you can return to the Gate of Olympus on Main Street with the help of the mirror.
- You’re almost finished with the quest now that you gathered all five of the items you require. Go to the left to the base of the tree and Athena will be waiting. She will help you unscramble the special message that the five items contain. The message is, “Whoever wields the five sacred objects will rule all of Poptropica.” Now Zeus arrives and he betrays you. He takes all of the items you found for himself and says that by midnight, all of Poptropica will fall under his rule. Athena tells you to speak with Hercules for help. He agrees and you go to the Hades throne room using the mirror that she gave you.
- Hercules uses his incredible strength to push the boulder aside so that you can get into Hades’ throne room. He’ll wait outside while you go in to speak with Hades. Hades agrees to help, and gives you his crown.
- Use the mirror to travel to the Poseidon lake. Underwater, Hercules opens the rock passage to the Throne Room, and Poseidon gives you his trident to assist in your upcoming battle with Zeus.
- The next step is to use the mirror one more time to travel to the gates to Olympus on Main Street. The gates are locked shut, but that’s no problem for the strong and powerful Hercules.
- Once you arrive, the Medusa appears and she turns Hercules into a statue. Alas, poor Hercules. At least his good looks have been preserved for eternity!
- Using the drachma that you earned from cleaning up the temple to buy a bag of wind from Aeolus at the base of the mountain. You can use the bag of wind to fly up onto the mountain, and then jump and climb further to get to the top, where you’ll find the throne of Zeus. Now light up all four of the statues of Zeus. He will be summoned and then will fight you in the final battle.
- This fight is difficult but simple in concept. You fly around, avoiding Zeus’ attacks while you try and shoot him. Hit Zeus and his health meter will go down. If he hits you, you lose power, as indicated by the pink clouds that hold you up. Don’t lose all of your clouds or Zeus will be triumphant and you will need to battle him again. Gather the little pink clouds as you fly, to replenish the larger cloud.
- A few moments into the heat of the battle, Zeus will start to glow and throw spinning white balls of energy. You need to watch out for these, too. He is only vulnerable to your attacks when he is not glowing. So make sure you concentrate your attacks for these times.
- After 6 to 10 sets of balls, you should have hit him enough to win the battle. After losing, Zeus gives you back the items from your quest. Athena shows up too and presents you with your island medallion. Congratulations, you have completed Mythology Island!