Night Watch Island…do you have what it takes to guard the Twin Palms Mall in the wee hours?
Zomberry Island Video Walkthroughs (Including Bonus Quest):
(Scroll down for a complete written walkthrough below.)
Night Watch Island Written Walkthrough
There are 20 areas total. You go through three areas before you hit the Mall Atrium, the central hub on the map. From the Atrium, you can reach the Manager’s Office, Mall Left, and Mall Right. Mall Left gives access to 6 stores, while another 7 stores are accessible from Mall Right.
- Main Street
- Parking Lot
- Security Office
- Mall Atrium
- Manager’s Office (reached from the Atrium)
Mall Left (left to right):
- 3rd floor: PrintFax, Giuseppe’s Toys
- 2nd floor: In the Now Clothing, No Pain No Gain Fitness
- 1st floor: Crawl Mart Pet Store, JollyGifts Gift Store
Mall Right (left to right):
- 3rd floor: MacGuffin’s Gadgets, Good Deals Electronics, Carnival Costumes
- 2nd floor: Slugger’s Athletic Keepsakes, Slumbertown Mattresses
- 1st floor: Sizzle Tanning Salon
There’s also various kiosks located around the Mall and are described as needed in the walkthrough below.
Night Watch Island is really the Twin Palms Mall with almost the entire adventure taking place inside a suburban shopping center. In order to complete the story on Night Watch Island, you have to catch a cat burglar who’s trying to steal a priceless vintage baseball card. The island is fairly linear, meaning the story takes you from place to place without a lot of options for doing things in a different order.
- Part One: Get the Job
- Part Two: Investigating the Alerts
- Part Three: Find Eddie the Snake
- Part Four: Capture the Burglar
- Bonus Quest: Find the Rare Sports Cards
One of the big differences between Night Watch Island and the other Poptropica islands is the use of the SMART PHONE. Once you have the phone, it will appear as an icon in the upper right, next to your backpack. In addition to being able to use it (described below when you first get it), you’ll get Calls and Alerts on it. A Call will jump to the middle of your screen, but when you get an Alert, the phone icon will start flashing red and a large “!” will appear next to it and you have to click on it.
PART ONE: Get the Job
When you jump out of your blimp, you land on Main Street next to a Bananabee’s restaurant (this island’s Common Area). You can only go right, to a line of people waiting outside the Twin Palms Mall.
The first guy in line tells you he buys everything MacGuffin makes to sell on the Internet. A redhead with freckles tells you that “this line is nothing, she waited in line for three weeks to buy voice-activated toilet paper.” Everyone else in line tells you how excited they are for the new MacGuffin gadget, even if they don’t know what it does.
Heading right, you reach the entrance to the Twin Palms Mall, but its locked. It’s after hours. Head right to the Security Office door and click on the red button and they’ll tell you the Mall doesn’t open until 7am. What to do? Continue right to the Parking Lot where you’ll find Gus, a crying security guard. A clock tells you its 9:02pm. Talk to Gus and he tells you that he’s been fired after 10 years on the job and that the mall isn’t safe, then he walks off right. Go right to the PrintFax car and talk to the kid who tells you that it’s too bad about Gus, but the stress must have been too much for him. Then he drives off. Keep going right until you run into a guy in a Yankees hat, the owner of Slugger’s Store. He suggests that you talk to the mall manager and apply for the job of night-time security guard.
Head back to the Mall. On Main street, go back to the Security Office door and click the red button. The manager asks if you’re here for the night watchman job. Then she leads you through the security office and into the Mall Atrium. She needs to test you to see if you’re qualified for the job.
GAME: Spot the Differences
An image will appear that you have to study. Then another will appear and you have to click on the 5 differences. You can toggle back and forth between the images, so it’s not too challenging. The differences between Photo #1 and #2:
- Dr. hare t-shirt design (second from right in second row down)
- turquoise belt on wall
- disco light
- yellow star on red t-shirt on rack
- jeans on floor point a different way
Next the manager wants to test your ability to patrol. She tells you to jump on the scooter and patrol the mall looking for trouble. She’s set up robots to test you:
- In front of the Chinese Food kiosk are two robots, a boy and a girl. Click on them to tell them “no loitering” and shoo them away. Roll right past the escalator to the next area called Mall Right.
In Mall Right, roll past the elevator and you’ll come across a robot granny in front of a New Store Coming Soon! sign.
- Say hello to Granny, then keep rolling right
- At the escalators, you’ll find a robot boy trying to run up the down escalator, click on him to scold him for running up the escalator. Roll back left to Granny.
- You’ll see a robot burglar grab Granny’s purse. Quick, get after him! Head left back to the Mall Atrium
You’ll run over the robot thief, but the Manager gives you the job. Congrats. The manager gives you a SECURITY GUARD BADGE and sends you to the Security Office to start your shift. Put on the BADGE. Congratulations, you’re now a night watchman!
PART TWO: Investigating the Alerts
An Alert appears on the huge security screen: “Disturbance in MacGuffin’s!” Before you investigate, check out the office:
- energy drinks on the console – the manager warned you to avoid these
- a corkboard – notes from Gus, the paranoid night watchman
- a map of the mall – a great resource for finding what you need. In this case, MacGuffin’s is on the 3rd floor in Mall Right
Exit into the Mall Atrium. Run right to Mall Right. Click on the elevator button. Enter the elevator. When it drops you off at the 2nd floor, hit the elevator up button and re-enter the elevator. You’ll jump off at the 3rd floor. Head right to MacGuffin’s. Enter.
Inside MacGuffin’s are all kinds of strange electronics. Head left until you see a “Ringing” coming from a Quake-Master massage chair. Click on the chair to get the SMART PHONE. Answer the incoming call. It’s from Gus! It’s his phone that he lost. He says it’ll come in handy with thieves about. He teaches you the different apps:
- Security camera – you can see the live feed from security cameras inside stores. In this case, you’re seeing inside MacGuffin’s. Gus tells you to find the mystery gadget that everyone’s talking about. Use your mouse to navigate to the far right and click on the Quick-Charger. Next he says to check out other cameras. Use the arrows at the lower left to toggle through the 12 different cameras (see the list below).
- Contact list – preset numbers you can call:
- Home (Gus) – give him a call if anything strange happens
- Mall Manager – she’s getting ready for bed
- Print Shop Owner – sitting in his apartment watching the game
- Slugger’s Owner – wants to know if everything in his store is okay and when was the last time you checked on it?
- Pet Shop Owner – suggests you check on the coral snake, who gets out of his cage now and again
- Notes – empty for now
- Planet Slug Game – “defend Earth by flinging bombs at them with patented slingtech3000 technology”, it’s Angry Birds in space. The trick is to use the “+” sign as a marker. Start by pulling the rocket back exactly to the “+”. Depending on where the plus sign is, you’ll destroy something – either one of the slugs or an asteroid that’s in the way. If you destroyed the asteroid, fire your second rocket from the exact same position to get the top-most slug. If you hit the bottom slug from the “+”, you’ll need to adjust above or below the + to hit the second slug. Takes a little practice, but isn’t too difficult.
- Power Button – click to return the phone to your backpack
Smart Phone Camera LIVE Security Feeds:
- MacGuffin’s Gadget Store
- Good Deals Electronics Shop
- In the Now Clothing Store
- CrawlMart Pet Shop
- PrintFax Print Shop
- Slugger’s Athletic Keepsakes
- Slumbertown Mattress Store
- JollyGifts Gift Store
- Sizzle Tanning Salon
- Giuseppes Toy Store
- Carnival Costumes
- No Pain, No Gain Sports Fitness Store
Leave MacGuffin’s and you’ll see your phone has an Alert.
What to do when you get an Alert:
- Click on the flashing phone icon. This first alert is: “Security Alert in Slugger’s Athtletic Keepsakes!”
- Then click on the “View Camera” button. [Bug - when we first clicked on the View Camera button, the room was supposed to be Slugger’s, but it was actually MacGuffin’s. If you get this, use the arrows at the bottom to scroll through the room a couple of times. Then go back to #6 and it should be fine.]
- Using the security camera feed, scroll along the bottom of the room until the box is blinking and turns red. You’ll see some upended boxes and a football helmet.
- At this point, Gus appears to give you the next piece of information. In this case, Gus tells you to call the owner.
Go to the Contact List app on the phone and call Slugger’s owner. He’ll tell you that you need to check to see if his Honus Wagner vintage baseball card, the most valuable card in the world, is okay. It’s in a safe behind a statue and the combination is 6723.
Go down to the 2nd level and Enter Slugger’s. Go to the the right of the store and click on the Statue that says “Take a picture with the champ!”. You’ll push the statue to the side, revealing the safe. Click on the safe and enter: 6723. The safe will open. Grab the HONUS WAGNER BASEBALL CARD.
- CALL: Slugger’s Owner tells you he’s relieved it’s still there.
Click on the safe again to return the card, then click on the statue to push it back in place. Head back to the Mall Atrium.
- ALERT: Giuseppe’s Toy Store! On the camera feed, use your mouse to scroll to the top of the screen to the overhead light. When you’ve hit the right spot, Gus will appear and tell you that the light being on is odd and you should check it out.
Run left to the area Mall Left. At the elevator, press the button and head up to the 3rd floor. Head left, remember to jump over the space where the escalator is, and enter Giuseppe’s. Inside Giuseppe’s, click on the red TOY BIRD to grab it. On the floor is a ROBOT TOY, grab it too. Seems the robot might have set off the lights.
Exit the store and head back to the Atrium.
- ALERT: Sizzle Tanning Salon! Zero in on the closed tanning bed, the one on the left. Gus will tell you he thinks he knows what’s going on.
Run to Sizzle, in Mall Right on the 1st floor. Inside Sizzle, click on the lefthand tanning bed. An overly tan woman says she just wants to stay a few more minutes, even though the mall is closed. Leave Sizzle.
- ALERT: Good Deal Electronics! When you start to look around with the live feed, the signal is lost! Gus tells you someone is in the mall and doesn’t want you to see.
Head to Good Deal on the 3rd floor of Mall Right. Inside Good Deal, head left and your phone will ring.
- CALL: It’s Gus, who tells you that he could have sworn he just saw someone in the store.
To the left is an employee only room, but it’s locked. Exit the store and go back to the Atrium.
PART THREE: Find Eddie the Snake
- ALERT: Crawl Mart! Move the camera to the far right. Gus confirms that the coral snake is missing!
Use your phone contact’s list to call the Pet Shop owner, who tells you that the snake, Eddie, might be hiding behind his favorite rock in his glass case. Head to Crawl Mart on the 1st floor of Mall Left. Inside Crawl Mart, go to the snake’s empty terrarium at the far right.
- CALL: Crawl Mart Owner will tell you that you might be able to lure Eddie out with his favorite snack, just don’t use any of the store’s birds.
Exit the store, where you’ll see Eddie, a moment before he takes off. Go after him. Follow him to the following locations where he’s hiding. The item he’s hiding in will be shaking. Click on the item and he’ll take off.
- MacGuffin’s – a Pocket-Sized Porta-Potty
- Sizzle Tanning – the right-hand tanning bed
- Finally, you’ll find him in the Chinese Food kiosk in the Mall Atrium, where he’s ducked down behind the counter. Go into your backpack and use your TOY BIRD.
Eddie will eat the bird and take off again.
- CALL: The owner tells you not to worry about it, he’ll get Eddie in the morning.
Head to Mall Right.
PART FOUR: Stop the Burglar
- ALERT: Carnival Costumes! Once again you’ll lose the signal and need to go investigate.
Head up to the 3rd floor. Inside Carnival Costumes, go to the far left. There’s the costume for the cop and the one for the robber. Wait, that’s a real robber! He’ll knock you down as he’s escaping.
- CALL: Gus tells you the thief is probably after the Quick-Charger gadget. He tells you to go to MacGuffin’s and stop moving so the lights turn off. You might be able to ambush the thief.
Following his instructions, enter MacGuffin’s. You’ll hide in the corner and the lights will go out. The burglar will sneak up and you’ll surprise him. When you do, he’ll drop a BACK ROOM KEY. Pick it up and go to Good Deal Electronics on the same floor. Go to the locked Employees Only door at the far left of the room. Go into your backpack and use your ROBOT TOY. He’ll keep the light on for you. Now use your KEY and enter the room.
Inside the backroom, you’ll see a familiar apartment background (hmm…) and a computer with a note on it. Click on the note and you’ll see it’s a New Store Application:Preston Wilhelm is the owner of the PrintFax shop. What’s he doing applying to open a new store?
- CALL: Gus suggests you check out PrintFax (Mall Left, 3rd floor)
As you get to the 3rd floor, the thief comes barrelling out in a security golf cart, rides down the escalators, and heads to the Atrium.
- CALL: Gus tells you there’s a scooter you can use to chase after him in the Manager’s Office. (How does Gus know everything that’s happening to you? Weird.) Anyway, he sends you a list of possible passwords to the Notes app on your phone.
The Manager’s Office is on the 2nd floor of the Mall Atrium. To get to the office, run up the escalators at the right-hand side of the Atrium. The thief will appear and run over you again if you hang out in the Atrium too long. Time to get that scooter! Enter the Manager’s Office. Click the control panel for the scooter. The password is FROST. Unfortunately, the scooter needs to be charged. But how can you possible CHARGE the scooter QUICKLY? Hm. Wait, a minute…get to MacGuffin’s!
Inside MacGuffin’s, grab the QUICK-CHARGER. After all, you’re on official business. Go back to the Manager’s Office in the Atrium. Use the QUICK-CHARGER out of your backpack. Now jump on the scooter and exit the office. Take the down escalator to the first floor, go right to Mall Right, then turn around and go back into the Atrium. You’ll find out that the best way to catch the thief is to get behind the up escalator as he’s coming down. So, go to the far left of the Atrium. When he comes down in his golf cart, you’ll take off after him and he’ll crash. But wait, he’s a robot! You’ve been duped.
- CALL: Gus tells you that you really blew it. Thanks Gus.
Go to Mall Right
- ALERT: PrintFax Print Shop! The live feed shows the thief photocopying something. Get to PrintFax, stat!
Inside PrintFax click on the copy machine. Click Menu, then Reprint Last Scan, then the green Print button. It’s a copy of the Honus Wagner baseball card.
- CALL: Gus wonders where the real card is. Time to return to Slugger’s.
In Slugger’s, click on the statue. Uh-oh.
- CALL: You tell Gus it looks like the safe fell out of the wall into the floor below. He tells you to get the blowtorch from behind the picture in the Manager’s Office to use to cut through the padlock on the New Store. Head to the Office pronto.
Inside the Manager’s Office, click on the framed picture of the robot boy over the “employee of the month” sign. Grab the BLOWTORCH. Then head back to Mall Right. Go to the New Store front and equip the BLOWTORCH out of your backpack. Click enter to go into the New Store. Inside the New Store you find the thief. But he escapes up the wall before you can stop him. Jump up the ladder and click “go up” at the top.
Air Vent Chase
You’re inside an air vent. You see the thief, but you can’t get by a red barrier. Equip your BLOWTORCH again and click on the barrier to torch it. Continue right and then up the ladder until you’re in a room with Ventilation System A and Ventilation System B written on the wall behind you.
You’ll start on the right side navigating through System B.
Jump right, over the rotating fan, into the vent. Torch the barrier. Head right, drop down, and torch the next barrier. Continue right, up the ladder to the top where it says “danger: elevator/escalator drive mech.” You’ve caught up to the thief, but he takes off again. Use your blowtorch on the barrier above you, then jump up. Travel left across the top of the red barriers then blowtorch the barrier you’re standing on when you’re past the moving machinery below you. Drop down and you’ll catch up with the thief again, who bumps you off the platform.
Go back through vent System B you just went through, but this time stop halfway up the ladder. You’ll see a beige barrier on your left. Torch it and step into the darkened vent shaft labelled “B”.This is halfway up the ladder in Vent System A.
A fan will blow you up to the next level where you’ll find a switch with “A/C” on it. Torch it. The thief will tell you it’s not over.
Head back to the center Ventilation room and head left. The moving fan will keep you afloat while you torch the beige barrier into the System A vents. Head left then drop down the ladder. At the bottom, you’ll encounter the thief yet again. He’ll run up a ladder.
There’s an “A/C” switch on your right and a barrier on your left. Torch the switch, then torch the barrier. Go left and torch the next barrier. Head up the ladder. When you get to the top, torch the barrier and drop down into the room. “Gotcha, you’re trapped now!” you’ll say. AGAIN, the burglar takes off.
He jumps down, but you’ve torched the System A “A/C” so he crashes down and drops the Honus Wagner baseball card. You grab it and the two of you crash out of the large vent onto the Mall Atrium’s humungous fountain.
Just when you think he’s going to run away again, Eddie comes by on the scooter and knocks you all silly. You all end up on the floor of the Atrium. Gus has called the real cops and they unveil the thief.
Of course, it’s Dr. Hare! No, it’s really the print shop owner, as you’ve suspected since you saw his name on the new store application. Right?
CONGRATULATIONS! You got the burglar, saved the priceless baseball card, earned the undying respect of Gus and the Manager and and got your island medallion!
Bonus Quest: Find the Rare Sports Cards
Scattered around the mall are 9 collectible cards – Canada’s best athletes from the ‘60’s! You’ve got to recover them. As you leave Slugger’s on the 2nd floor of Mall Right, follow this order:
- Slumbertown – Mall Right, 2nd floor – use the sleeping masks cabinet to the left of the exit to jump up to the mattresses on the next level. Use the blue mattress to jump up onto the big purple mattress that’s at an angle. When you reach the floor, you’ll run back and see the card on the upper platform.
- Sizzle Tanning – Mall Right, 1st floor – click on the control panel of the first tanning bed until its on the lightest setting, simmer. Then click on the tanning bed.
- Space Time Pizza – Mall Atrium, 2nd level on the right – click on the lump of dough closest to the oven and quickly click on the card behind it.
- “Saturn” – Mall Atrium, above the fountain – jump up the fountain and its on the middle planet, on one of “Saturn’s” rings
- JollyGifts – Left Mall, 1st floor – click on the exploding confetti can on the checkout counter
- Crawl Mart – Left Mall, 1st floor – in the piranha tank on the second level
- In the Now – Left Mall, 2nd floor – click on the large speaker to the left of the “Get in the Now” sign
- No Pain, No Gain – Left Mall, 2nd floor – far right of the room, the baseball shooter, the card is up on the rack of clothes, click on a baseball bat from the rack, then click on the shooter, now quickly run back and face the shooter just to the right of the rack. Hit the spacebar as the balls come at you and you’ll knock the card down. Easy peasy.
- Finally, leave the mall through the security office, jump up to the top of the mall dome and the last card is on the top.
Head back to Slugger’s to talk to the owner and return the missing cards. As a reward you get the Old-time Baseball Uniform!
Our Original Post Announcing Night Watch Island:
The creators of Poptropica have announced the next Poptropica experience: Night Watch Island! As you can see from the logo, not much to go on other than the image of a flashlight. A land of perpetual darkness? Or just a night out during a blackout? And does it have anything to do with the earthquakes on the island of Poptropolis Games? We’ll keep posting as more information becomes available.
We’re taking a stab that the next island will ship sometime between January 24th and 31st. Stay tuned to see if we’re right!
EDIT: The trailer for Night Watch Island has been released! Looks like the next Poptropica island takes a cue from movies like “Paul Blart, Mall Cop”, because the main theme is: you get to be a Nightwatchman in a suburban mall. I’m guessing the evening doesn’t go off without some kind of hijinks. Check out the video trailer below: