+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: New Poptropican Series Part 2

Administrator/Moderator petpet123's Avatar

Post New Poptropican Series Part 2A

I AM SORRY. Due to all the busy schedules and not enough time, this series has been CANCELLED.

BE PREPARED TO READ A LOT. Please read everything.
    Alright. This is the second part of my new series. If you don't have a part (hero) yet, sign up here!

How everything starts
    OKay, how this all starts is everyone is from a different island and has been living there for a long time. Then, one day, something horrible happens to that island. You go help save the island and you become a hero.

That's what Poptropica is all about right?? Well, for my series, I want you to be more creative. We are going to make the islands that Poptropica made a little bit more elaborate.

I just want you to use your imagination a bit. Brainstorm about your early life, your adventure on becoming a hero and your hero self. (Childhood past, adventure past, hero present.) Make sure to think about that time period and what's happening.

Example:(My part is medival/knight hero so this is a brief summery of how my childhood life would be like.)

My father is a hunter and a blacksmith. He's amazing at archery and sword fighting. Ladies aren't suppose to learn those but he taught me anyways. My mom is a maid for the royality and I go to the castle to work there too.

That gave a brief summery of my childhood life. (Read post #6 for a better example.)

Writing Portion (Yes, you have to write.)
    There are many ways to write your hero life. Just choose one!
    Here are some examples:

~Dialouge
    This is kinda how you would see it like a script for a play:
    Speedy Wing: Your majesty, how may I help you?
    Queen: Our daughter has been kidnapped!

~Biography
    This is kinda just talking about your life and what's going on:
    I've always been one to not shy away from danger.

~Journal/Diary
    Make it seem like there's several journal entries and create a story with it.
    July 1460:
    I've been traveling for days and still no sign of the princess. I just met with the queen and king to see how they are doing....

That's all I have for now but if you have a different style, be free to share it.

Team Heroes
    Some of the parts have more then one person. That means that the 'team' has to cooperate to create the story. You can talk about your childhood then how you 2 met. Make sure to tell what type of relation you have with each other. (Friends, partners, family member.) Discuss that together in Private Message or Visitor. If you have trouble, then one of you will have to give up your part.

Requirements
    ~A Hero
    You have to have a hero to write about! (That hero should be you already!)
    ~Finished Island
    You have to finish your 'hero' island in order to write. If you haven't, I suggest you choose a new one or finish it ASAP. If you don't know what island is your hero, ask me.
    ~Imagination
    The more you get in touch with your true hero self, the better writer you can be!! So use your imagination!
    ~Accent
    If your island is different then modern time, you need to pretend that you talk like them. (Unless you have a reason.) So if your a pirate, you have to have a pirate accent or talk like a pirate. Have some fun with this!!
    ~Beginning, Middle, and End
    Make sure to include your childhood, adventure, and hero self!!
    ~Length
    It doesn't matter how long as long as you include everything. Try to make it moderate length. Make sure to be descriptive and give a good background of things.

That's all the requirements for writing..... At least for now.

Turning in stories and other info
    Okay, now that you've read this very long post. You should know what to do.

When you are done with your story, Private message it to me. Title it: Insert hero type Hero: Story. I will proof read it and then tell you what you can do better with it. Then you'll start on your final draft and send it to me or you can just post a sample of it in a post.

There's no deadline for this yet but I want you to have with this! Once the first story is done, I'll start posting the series on my blog. Good luck everyone and start writing!
    Last edited by petpet123; 11-29-2011 at 02:12 AM.

♥You all will always be in my heart. My BIG PSF heart.♥

~Speedy Wing~
    Poptropica Username: Musicgirl123106

"The real world is just another crappy game."

Legendary Poptropican Harry Potter fan's Avatar
    Okay....Heres my biography my father was the owner of a muesem it held some of the most famous art pictures in the world. my mother was a subway tourist she showed every1 there way though the tour. 1 day 1 of my dads most favorite picture WAS GONE! I left home and went looking for the thief
    Hey Hey, Life ain't fair, Jump around like ya just dont care! I like it like that!- Hot Chelle Rae
    Your a wizard Harry-Rubeus Hagrid
    You flithy little mudblood-Draco Malfoy
    Being famous is wicked. But it's better to be normal.-Rupert Grint
    Don't try too hard to be something you're not.-Daniel Radcliffe
    I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is.-Emma Watson

That's a good summary but... you need to read the instructions a bit more....

~Speedy Wing~

Legendary Poptropican Harry Potter fan's Avatar
    Ill ad pictures and explain more like a diary and about the hero life more
    Hey Hey, Life ain't fair, Jump around like ya just dont care! I like it like that!- Hot Chelle Rae
    Your a wizard Harry-Rubeus Hagrid
    You flithy little mudblood-Draco Malfoy
    Being famous is wicked. But it's better to be normal.-Rupert Grint
    Don't try too hard to be something you're not.-Daniel Radcliffe
    I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is.-Emma Watson

Legendary Poptropican Calm Dolphin's Avatar
    Between the border of fantasy and reality
    Childhood life: My father was a scientist who always loved to experiment. My mother was a historian who studied the past from when time seemed to start to now. My parents gave me whatever I wanted, but I was not happy. I wanted freedom. On my 10th birthday, my parents gave me the item I wanted most: a time turner.

Writing:
    Scientist: Please, we need your help!

Calm Dolphin: What is it?

Scientist: Nothing's going right! Things from long ago are happening again!
    Last edited by Calm Dolphin; 09-23-2011 at 10:57 PM.
    Calm Dolphin

Earthbound/Mother Forever

Tumblr

I don't think I made this clear enough. I just wanted one of the 3 types of styles. So say I chose Journal. Then everything in my writing would be in journal form.

I like your story and plot so far Calm Dolphin. I really like it! Same with you HP Fan.

Example of my story
    Okay, this is for if you need help with ideas with your story.

Only nobility and monks get knowledge. I am not nobility nor training to be a monk but yet I have knowledge. I am a peasent. Everyone thinks that peasents work and aren't smart or coordnatied at anything. I am different though...

My father is a hunter and blacksmith. He is amazing at archery and with swords. He's also knows how to read and write. Ladies aren't suppose to fight or know those things but my father taught me anyways. I am not one to keep my root in the ground so that's why someday, I will become an explorer.

Since my mother and father are poor, I have to work for money too. My mom's a maid for royality and I go to castle to help her too. Sometimes while working, I like to explore the castle. My absolute favorite place to go is the library where I get to read and no one knows.

See how that give a good background of my childhood life or life before a hero?? It also gives a bit of history in my time period. I kinda want you to do that for readers to understand that time period a bit more. (I think I'll have to change the requirements a bit now....)

~Speedy Wing~

I sit at the desk, concentrating as much as I can on this new invention. I always wanted to know about what happened it the past, or more accurately, my past. I have been living on this planet for almost thirteen years now. I have two robots for my parents, Derafon-250 and Girator-600, while I, Crazy Star, am human.

*Will edit more later*

By the way, am I doing it right?

Legendary Poptropican Calm Dolphin's Avatar
    Between the border of fantasy and reality
    What am I missing?
    Calm Dolphin

Earthbound/Mother Forever

Tumblr

Calm Dolphin, I like how you did your background of childhood life but I want you to add a little bit more info about it. Maybe tell how your parents get along with you. Are they working all the time? Do you visit the lab a lot? Add somethings from your island. Just be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Star View Post
    I sit at the desk, concentrating as much as I can on this new invention. I always wanted to know about what happened it the past, or more accurately, my past. I have been living on this planet for almost thirteen years now. I have two robots for my parents, Derafon-250 and Girator-600, while I, Crazy Star, am human.

*Will edit more later*

By the way, am I doing it right?
    Well Crazy Star, that's really good. I hope you know that your island is kinda more of Steamworks island. (Do you kinda get you are getting from that?) Other then that, I like it!!

~Speedy Wing~

Yeah, thats what I was thinking of doing xD So we just make a story and show pictures?

What kinda of pictures from poptropica?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information